Classes are in full swing and so are the pest infestations in San Diego & Riverside. The summer heat has continued on into early September creating an ideal living environment for bugs. Communal housing that most college students reside in is highly susceptible to problems with bed bugs, fleas, cockroaches, and rodents.
Untidy (often unsanitary) rooms and used furnishings are a common cause of pest problems in San Diego and Riverside. Most of the furniture for dormitories, apartments, and rental homes for college students is from yard sales, hand-me-downs, Craigslist, and thrift shops. Used furniture will often be found at a great price but can result in unforeseen problems.
Bed bugs and fleas can infest furniture and go unnoticed since they generally come out at night or during inactivity. The seller of the used couch may have had the furniture in storage or may not have noticed the pests. But you have one duty before bringing in used furniture into your home: Inspect Furnishings Thoroughly!
Steam clean and wash upholstery & coverings if possible to guarantee a pest-free piece of furniture. The same precautions used for furniture apply to used clothing, textiles, or mattresses.
But your couch is not the only culprit to bug problems; the pests may have already been inside the structure. Hotels, apartments, dorms share walls so if one unit is experiencing pests, the others are as well. Before settling in, ask the building management about their procedure on pest control applications. Then, look for signs of pests or rodents infestations inside your unit.
Rodents leave tracks, tail trails, and grease marks along baseboards and walls. Also look for droppings and gnaw marks on woodwork and cabinets. Other pests like cockroaches, ants, spiders, and earwigs have distinctive signs that affirm their presence. Roaches leave tiny fecal droppings usually under sinks or other hidden areas. Ants will let their presence be known with long trails to nearby food and water sources. Spiders will have cobwebs usually in room corners.
An effective method to inspect for bed bugs in furniture is to use an LED flashlight. Search baseboards behind pictures and walls, and between bed seams or couch cushions.
And last but not least, house cleaning will help maintain a pest-free environment and prevent attracting unwanted pests. Food crumbs and liquid spills on counter or floors should be cleaned daily. Disinfectant wipes and handheld vacuums are convenient cleaning devices that may encourage better cleaning habits. Put foods in sealed containers and hang up wet towels. All trash cans need a secure lid so food scents are not emitted.
Pest control is a must for any living space. The simplest actions will keep pests out of your property so you can focus on your studies. Let the professionals take care of the pest problems so you can hit the books.
Contact Pro Pacific Pest Control in San Diego & Riverside for effective tips on keeping bugs out!
Ants, Birds, Cockroaches, Fleas, General Pest Control, Pest Control, Pesticides, Silverfish, Spiders, Ticks
Pest control is not a luxury service. In fact, pest control is like insurance protection for your home & family. Pests can deteriorate the structure of your home and even spread diseases to inhabitants. By eliminating pests effectively with professional pest control services, you are prolonging the life of your house & guarding the health of family and guests.
Not only that, a home without bugs creates a comfortable living atmosphere that is enjoyed by you and guests alike. To prevent pests from establishing an unpleasant atmosphere with their waste & nest material, a pest exterminator should be utilized.
Here is what a pest exterminator will do for your home:
- Prevents Pests – Pest control has two parts: extermination & prevention. Once the bugs are gone, you will want to continue keeping them out of your home. Our techniques create three barriers of protection so it is virtually impossible for bugs to enter your property.
- Eliminates Diseases – Pests can easily transmit disease through droppings, bites, or saliva. Indirect transmission by leeching pests, such as bird mites on birds, can also be a possibility. Eliminating the source of diseases is the most effective method to preventing diseases.
- Effective Solutions – Keeping your home tidy & eliminating food sources is a great pest prevention technique but with an establish pest infestation, you’ll need the pros. Carelessly distributing store-bought pesticides can be dangerous. A licensed pest control tech will efficiently apply pesticides to maximize exposure to pests but eliminate health issues to people.
- Saves Time & Effort – Many DIY can be effective but are temporary solutions. Our techniques have lasting effects that will effectively eliminate pests as if it was just applied. You won’t have to continue to run to the store buying ineffective pesticides – get your problem resolved now with one phone call.
- Protects Your Home – Pests damage homes. Period. They can weaken structures, stains sidings, and reduce the appearance of a home or building. Professional pest control offers protection from those possibilities
Treating for bugs and vermin in your home is a shield to the structure of your home and the health of your family. Contact Pro Pacific Pest Control for solutions to your bug problems.
Receive a free inspection & estimate, with no obligation to service when you call today!
Ants, bed bugs, Bees, Birds, Cockroaches, Fleas, General Pest Control, General Rodent, Gophers, Mice, Pest Control, Rats, Silverfish, Spiders, Ticks
Click through the options below for pests that could be infesting your home. Each pest has Do-It-Yourself Pest Control Tips & Recommended Services. Some services link to a webpage that gives you more information. All recommended pest control services are performed by Pro Pacific Pest Control – And are guaranteed!
Get solutions to pest problems today!
Contact us for an inspection & estimate on any pest control service!
Ants, bed bugs, Cockroaches, Fleas, General Pest Control, Pest Control, Pesticides, Silverfish, Spiders, Ticks
While stuffing your stomach full of bugs is not a technique we use or recommend to get rid of bugs, the tactic could technically be labeled as pest control. And possibly a more accepted approach in other parts of the world. (Note: Nausea or illness may occur while eating insects.)
Pest control is defined as the regulation or management of pests in designated location. So, controlling the bug population on your property by means of ingesting bugs does in fact count as a form of regulation.
However, in the United States having a pest exterminator apply pesticides to infested areas is a more effective & popular approach to eliminating bugs. But this is not the only way to keep bugs out of our homes.
As stated above, pest control is the regulation & management of pests, so controlling pests is not all about sprays & traps. More accurately, pest control is the elimination of bugs and their food, water, and shelter sources. Considering all of these elements when attempting to eradicate pests will strengthen your efforts & make for a successful pest control plan.
Getting rid of the food & water sources for bugs alone will make your property a significantly less desirable place for insects to nest. Depleting pest living spaces hinders reproduction & furtiveness thus reducing the pest population.
Here are a few techniques you can use to accomplish these goals:
- Remove mulch, brush, grass, or wood piles
- Tidy garden areas & pick up dead leaves, flowers and fruit
- Clear any standing water in yard & clean out gutters
- Thoroughly clean areas with food
- Clean up all liquid spills & food crumbs
- Keep food & waste in secure containers
This way pest will be gone for good & having a pest smorgasbord will not be necessary regardless of what part of the world you live.
We exterminate your current pest infestation & your pest control efforts will assist in keeping bugs gone for good.
Call Pro Pacific Pest Control today for effective pest control service at the right price!
Ants, bed bugs, Cockroaches, Fleas, General Pest Control, Pest Control, Pesticides, Silverfish, Spiders
With household pest control products being readily available at local hardware stores, do-it-yourself pest control has risen as an option in eradicating bugs from your home.
But just like any other rational decision making you should come to a conclusion by gathering information, sifting through the facts & choosing what’s best for you!
Below is some information that will help you choose which route you should take in getting rid of bugs.
- Pest Control Professional Protect Your Home & Family From Pesticides – Not to mention, they effectively eliminate bugs as well. A can of bug spray doesn’t tell you the efficient dosage or key areas to apply the chemicals. However, a licensed pest control technician is trained to conservatively distribute pesticides in areas that will maximize effectiveness but prevent pets or small children from being affected. With the right quantity & placement of pesticides, you keep bugs gone & your family protected.
- Pests Become Tolerant To DIY Pesticides – Repeated treatments with the same chemicals can cause bugs to build immunity to the pesticides. The formulas for DIY pest products don’t change, but a pest control professional is always updated with the latest pest products & techniques to guarantee a pest-free home!
- Regular Pest Control Service Keeps Bugs Gone – At first glance, DIY pest control products seem less expensive but consider the retreats & multiple purchases of the product to keep your home pest-free all year. In actuality, professional pest control service is your most cost effective choice. With Pro Pacific, you pay a flat fee for each service ($70) and retreats are always free!
- Pest Control Service Is Proactive, Not Reactive – With a professional pest control technician out on your property every other month, early signs of pest infestations will be spotted & handled accordingly in its early stages. That way you can eliminate a bug problem before it turns costly.
- Your Service Is Guaranteed – Unlike the plethora of consumer pest control products available they don’t come with a guarantee like our pest control service does. How do you know the product you purchase will remedy your bug problem. Our service is satisfaction guaranteed, so you only pay for a service that works- Guaranteed!
Contact our office today to effectively get rid of pests in the counties of San Diego, Riverside & Orange!
Typically pest problems are perceived as an infestation of pests in a structure or on a property…But what about when pests live on your pets?
Summertime is the most common time for pets to get ticks or fleas living under their coat. While this may come as old news to you, the serious health risks associated with these types of bugs have increased awareness in San Diego County & all over the nation.
Ticks are associated to Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, but can also cause “tick paralysis” in dogs. The effects can result in muscle weakness, loss of coordination & respiratory failure.
Fleas transmit disease to pets with their saliva, diseases such as anemia, dermatitis & transfer of tapeworms. Not to mention fleas can reproduce at a rapid rate.
You can control the pests on your pets by following these tips:
- Thoroughly inspect pets for fleas or ticks during pest season
- Be aware for excessive scratching & nibbling on skin
- Avoid walking in tall grass where tick & fleas tend to live
- Bath pets often
- Wash pet beds, collars, and plush toys
- Vacuum carpets & furniture
Including a regular professional pest control service on your property will ensure that these kinds of bugs stay off your property & your pets can roam freely. And you won’t have to worry.
Call Pro Pacific Pest Control today to keep bugs off your property for as little as $1 per day!
Regular maintenance is needed for an appreciating asset as property or a home. Not only that, regular upkeep makes for a clean, refreshing home and is not fazed by regular wear & tear.
Pest control is considered a duty needed to keep your home in tip-top shape. Pests cause a considerable amount of damage to homes & other assets making your home hard to sell & lowering the value.
With occasional DIY pest management tactics & a regular pest control service from a professional, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a buyer & getting the most for your home when you’re ready to sell.
So when pest season comes around in Solana Beach, be ready to make your home appealing to your guests, but not to pesky critter.
Consider these outdoor pest management tips for you Solana Beach home:
• Stack firewood piles away from homes & keep covered and dry to deter termites
• Wash pets often to repel flea & tick infestations
• Inspect home for cracks or crevices, seal all these areas so pests can’t enter
• Install bird feeders but keep them off patios & decks because of droppings
Protect the inside of your home to with these indoor tips:
• Store all food in sealed containers
• Clean all spilled foods & liquids
• Inspect indoor plants for any signs of pests & remove accordingly
• Don’t let dirty dishes sit in sink. Instead wash & rinse sink after meals
• Keep garbage in a sealed trash receptacle
Incorporating these tips in your routine & having a pest control technician treat your home in Solana Beach is the best route for a pest-free home. And you’ll protect your home from pests indefinitely.
Imagine a spider hanging by a thread in the top corner of your bedroom, a trail of ants headed to a nearby sugary food source, and group of roaches scattering underneath objects when you flip on the light switch.
This is a dreaded situation but can easily happen to you in Moreno Valley and any resident in Riverside County. And it’s easier for a homeowner to prevent pest without professional pest control than it is to eliminate the bugs or rodents.
Pests are not infesting your home to mingle or to be “the guy on the coach”. They are there for 3 simple things: food, water, &shelter. So if you consider these reasons for pests are invading your home, pest prevention should be simple…Right?
Well, sort of.
A good pest prevention plan is to identify opportunistic entries for pests & seal them so it’s impossible for outdoor intruders to make their way inside.
Ideally, you’ll want to inspect your properties for potential entry spots (e.g. areas where water pipes & electrical lines enter your home). Seal these areas up & install weather stripping around doors & windows.
Also, make food inaccessible unless opening a sealed container or a can opener is required. And keep storage areas clean & occasionally inspect for signs of pests.
A good rule of thumb: a clean space is an undesirable space for pests.
But if pests manage to get in your home, contact a pest control professional in Moreno Valley to start removing bugs before they grow into bigger problems.
Call Pro Pacific today to look at your pest problem for FREE!
This time of year is when pests are on a heavy reproduction cycle. You’ll find pests about anywhere in Carlsbad, including basements, attics, yards, underneath stoves & refrigerators, and even in your bedroom…. Eeeek!
Pests To Watch For in Summer 2011
So how do you prevent the growing population of pests in Carlsbad, CA at this time of year? All they need from your home is a little food & water & they are set to stay indefinitely. Beware of the pesky pests & the creepy crawlers this summer. They can include: ants, spiders, roaches, earwigs, bedbugs, wasps, and more!
The Simple, Affordable Solution For Pest Control
That’s a bunch of different bugs to look out for huh? Well, no need to worry, Pro Pacific provides an all inclusive pest control package that will eliminate most of your common pest infestations this summer. And it’s only about a $1 per day for a pest-free home!
It’s our bi-monthly pest control service plan (treatments every two months) at only $69 per service.
Think about it, you’re protected from common bugs like ants, spiders, earwigs, wasps, snails, black widows, and much more! And having these bugs gone prevents many other big problems from occurring like home damage & secondary pest infestations.
Start Benefitting Today with Pro Pacific Pest Control
It’s a win-win for you…your bugs will be gone & you’re keeping money in your pocket!
As the collection of dust & clutter becomes more noticeable in a place of living, this usually is a signal that the duster, cleaning gloves, a mop bucket, and some good ol’ elbow grease may be next on your to-do list. And by doing so you will not only be getting rid of clutter & dust…but maybe a few pests.
Pests feel comfortable in homes with the floor space diminished by furniture, appliances, boxes, etc. The items provide plenty of covering & hiding places for the pesky critters. So why not eliminate places for pests & rodents to nest in your home with a thorough cleaning.
Kill two birds with one stone: One, your place is rejuvenated to a more inspiring & habitable living space. Two, pests will have a hard time surviving by taking away their living space & cleaning thoroughly. And you are actually implementing effective pest control techniques in your home…Yup, pest control isn’t all about pesticides & rodent traps. Taking these actions will help resolve a lot of your pest problems.
Other tips to keep pests at bay include vacuuming carpets to pick up hidden crumbs & throwing out expired foods to remove food sources for insects & rodents. And once a year do a “spring cleaning” by cleaning behind and underneath furniture & appliances.
While heavy pest infestations may need to be handled by a professional pest control company, a little feng shui can provide you with a clean home, a happy family, & pest-free environment.