An attempt to eliminate a bug infestation within a pizzeria using do-it-yourself pest control products resulted in an explosion that caused extensive damage to the front entrance and back roller doors. Although the interior damage was minimal, the overall repairs for the restaurant are at an estimated $100,000.
The blast occurred about 1 yard away from the pizzeria owner, who fortunately was unharmed. The owner used ten pesticide cans while the establishment was closed for renovations. A spark from the fridge ignited the vapors from the fumigation cans causing a significant explosion. The pressure from the blast forced the front and back ends of the unit outwards.
The front wall was forced out into the sidewalk but no one had been walking past at that moment – No injuries were sustained. The mishap has created an awareness within the community for proper use of do-it-yourself pest control products.
Inaccurate application of pesticides will not only leave pest infestation unscathed but pose a potential threat to your home and family. It is strongly urged to follow any instructions for DIY pesticides rigorously.
There is logic to the requirement of having professional pest control technicians trained, certified, and licensed. This way it is ensured that the pest problem is eliminated and your home and family are protected.
It is recommended to consult a pest control professional before any attempt at eradicating pest infestations in your home or business. Licensed technicians have the experience to provide tips and guide you through the process.
Having a licensed and insured pest control company take care of your pest problem is the best route to safety.
Here is the video news report for the fumigation can explosion in Melbourne: