What Is T.A.P.? Insulating Your Home While Preventing Pests
August 22, 2011
| Categories: Ants, Cockroaches, Pest Control
You have probably heard about T.A.P. insulation from a trade magazine, friend, or pest control company. But are you aware of the full list of features and added benefits this product provides?
Thermal Acoustical Pest Control Insulation (T.A.P.) is an innovative method to insulate homes & buildings. The insulation is made from recycled paper mixed with a liquid natural borates.
Unlike traditional insulations that use rolls of fiberglass, T.A.P layers onto surfaces like paint. The smallest cracks and crevices will be seal to reduce energy loss and keeps pest from entering your structure.
While the borates toxicity levels are too low to harm people or pets, the levels are lethal to insects such as ants, termites, and cockroaches. The borate attacks their digestive system.
And since this form of insulation has pest control ability, the product must be installed by a licensed pest control structure. The features and benefits outweigh the cost of this revolutionary product.
Here is how having T.A.P. installed at your home or building will benefit you:
- Prevents Pests– An effective supplemental form to your current pest control efforts. Pests that come in contact with insulation will be eliminated.
- Reduces Energy Loss– Cracks and crevices in attics are more efficiently sealed. 32% more energy efficient than traditional insulation.
- Long Lifespan – TAP insulation will last from 30 to 50 years with no need for maintenance during its lifespan. And only about ½ inch shrinkage over time.
- Noise Reduction– The “acoustical” in TAP has some significance in the product. The insulation can reflect external sound waves from entering your home.
- Fire Retardant– Properties of the insulation will not catch flame and limit the spread of fire.
- Tax Credit– existing homes adding TAP receive a tax credit of 10% of the cost, up to $500. New homes installing TAP are eligible for $2,000 tax credit if achieving 50% energy savings.
TAP is your long-term solution to having an overall better, stronger home for a variety of aspects.
Contact our TAP specialists at Pro Pacific Pest Control for more information on protecting your home with powerful green products.